Polish Owners

WindyOaksYokes

Songster
12 Years
Jul 17, 2007
Central Virginia
I was wondering if any of you can tell me when your polishes started laying. I have Silver Laced and Golden Laced Bearded Polish. They are now 24 weeks. I have heard different things; such as they will not lay til next spring, also heard that they can lay anytime after 20 weeks. Can anyone please shed some light for me?

Thanks......... Tes

Mine are at week 27 and I get one egg out of 10 hens!!! I talked with a breeder from the polish website and he told me his started at week 21 so I don't know what is going on. I live in Arkansas so the weather is still pretty warm here so it's not because it's cool.

jackie

Jacki - I just don't understand... unless they are laying elsewhere and I just don't know about it, but they have been locked up with all the other girls (when they were in chicky jail)...
idunno.gif

It has not been all that cold here... heck today it was 90 uggg... we did have a cool snap... but nothing major. They are typical in their habbits... same place everyday.. don't wander off... I have searched the area quite thourghly... found nothing. They lay small white eggs correct???

Thanks for the reply... Tes

Any Polish that I have hatched in June or July did not lay until the next spring. But I live in Maine so that might effect them???? I am also down to one egg a day from the establish flock of 11 hens and they won't start again until next March.

When they are laying they are pretty consistant and I get 8 to 11 eggs a day.

The eggs are white and slightly more oval shaped than regular eggs. Sometimes it looks like they are the same size on both ends.

Last edited:
hmmm...
idunno.gif
mine are 24 weeks old... would have thought I would have gotten at least a couple before the cold weather. Oh well, guess I wait til the spring and start looking then.

Thanks for the replies.... Tes

I know how you are feeling!!!!!! I have 3 Aracuanas that are 22 weeks and they still haven't laid any eggs yet!!!! I was told that you should start anytime. Another said not until next year. I am confused.

AMount of daylight has as much effect on them as the temp, but the changing weather patterns also influence laying. Put ya a light on a timer in with them to simulate spring/summer daylight hours, may encourage them to lay more...can't do much about the weather, fall and winter is a comin'...

Back
Top Bottom