1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Polish pullets or cockerals?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chasehope, Apr 28, 2007.

1. chasehope

chasehope Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    I have 3, 6 week old polish and have NO idea how to tell wether they are pullets or cockerals. Our other polish came to us as adults and it is very obvious who is what! Any tips on sexing them at that age. here are some pictures of them. [​IMG] [​IMG]#1

[​IMG][​IMG]#2

[​IMG][​IMG]#3

Sorry the pictures aren't better, but I would appreciate any input

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I think they are a bit young to tell... but when I had a few, the roos would have pointy head feathers while females were more rounded, give it a few more weeks and see who is larger than the rest and has flowier feathers.

3. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Don't know what they are but they are sooo cute. I have this breed on my list of must have one day.

Marsha

4. wolfpack62001

wolfpack62001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    New Brockton, Alabama
    Ill take a S.W.A.G at it.
    They all look like there Pullets, no wattle comming in yet!
    Just my un expert opinion.

5. Venumfire

Venumfire Just Hatched

May 20, 2016
    Both are Roosters. The Roosters have streamer looking feathers on their heads and hens have fluffy heads that look like they just took out their hair rollers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by