Polish roo eye gone and eye socket bleeding help

As long as he doesn't have a brain injury and doesn't develop infection, he has a good chance of surviving. I would try to give him an antibiotic if you can get one for him--amoxicillin, keflex, baytril and others are good. Maybe your usual vet can prescribe them. Keep him isolated in a cage, but he could probably be in the coop with others if he is warm enough so they don't forget him. High protein diet with some egg, tuna, liver, or dry cat food along with his normal feed would be good. If you have vitamins or electrolytes for his water for a few days, and later probiotics if he starts on antibiotics.

Last edited:
I've got penicillin g procaine could I use that on him? And I'm gonna try to keep him in because of our weather its gonna be very cold over the next few days and I'm also afraid he will get pecked more. Do you think 3-4 days is too long to keep him away from his hens? I have vitamins ill be sure to start him on those thank you so much for your kindness and help!

Last edited:
Thank you so much that is very helpful :) he's resting he ate some yogurt and a few pieces of cat food and a lil of his regular feed. I'm praying he will be ok!

That's him when he was a few weeks old you sure can get attached to em!!!

I've got penicillin g procaine could I use that on him? And I'm gonna try to keep him in because of our weather its gonna be very cold over the next few days and I'm also afraid he will get pecked more. Do you think 3-4 days is too long to keep him away from his hens? I have vitamins ill be sure to start him on those thank you so much for your kindness and help!
He needs to be apart from the flock because they will peck him now. You could let him visit in a cage. Procaine Penicillin G 0.1cc/mlup to 0.5 cc/ml (that is 1/10 to 1/2 cc/ml) can be given safely as a shot into the breast muscle daily for 4 days. Alternate sides. Use a 20 gauge needle, and you may need to draw it up in an 18 gauge needle since it is thick. Be sure to pull back on the syringe to check that you are not in a blood vessel, before giving.

It's day 12 and we thought he was doing better until yesterday the day before he scratched his scab off and now he's swollen very badly we started him back on penicillin shots I've been giving them to him in his thighs I was too afraid to do it in his breast but anyways what else can we do for him I've kept neosporin in his wound and today I bought vetericyn to put on it and also how can I wash it really thoroughly without getting his nose full of water I've only been able to dab at it because I'm afraid if I squirt it out it will go in his nostrils any advice is greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom