Polish roo eye gone and eye socket bleeding help

this was my lincolns eye after a respitory infection https://www.facebook.com/groups/620893494623161/633543116691532/?notif_t=group_comment_reply
idunno.gif
i battled for months to put it right, but he lost the eye, but it kept filling with crud, that would turn into a rubbery substance, i used to clean it daily but it just got worse
hit.gif
so i started to leave it until it turned to rubber and started sticking out of the socket, i could then flick it out with my finger
thumbsup.gif
its lovely and clean under neath, so i spray it with coloidal silver and here it is today after treating https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...574939695079.146145.1301936448&type=1&theater
love.gif
im hoping it will close eventually , good luck with your boy xx

After the very long wait I just now recieved his cipro I got a dose in him in a few minutes ago he's not doing well at all I pray that this helps him!!!!!!!

After the very long wait I just now recieved his cipro I got a dose in him in a few minutes ago he's not doing well at all I pray that this helps him!!!!!!!
I'm so sorry that it took a whole week to get your meds. It would be nice if we could get stronger antibiotics from our local vets or the feed store, but that isn't going to happen. Is he alert, and eating or drinking? Has he lost weight? Our thoughts are with you.

With it being Christmas time all mail is slow as can be and that would be great if we could get better meds at the feed stores but yeah I don't think that's ever gonna happen. He's down to 3 lbs he has still been taking drinks of water but not enough he's not touched any of his food today he is still alert but sleeping alot more than he was. I'm gonna soak his pellets and try feeding him that way. Ill keep you updated keep my lil guy in your prayers please! And thank you for helping me all thru this!!!!!

He needs to be tubed fluids, ASAP! Then once hydrated he needs food tubed. To quote my vet "it's not usually the disease that kills them, it's dehydration and starvation".

-Kathy

He ate some of the soft pellets he's also been tearing open his wound till its bleeding by scratching at it I'm still doing soaks and picking off any yellow I see he mainly stands around holding his head down sleeping but he's also began to lose feathers :(

Thank you deacons! I'm a beginner too and I can say that everyone has been a great help to me I'd be lost without everyone's input on my roo.

Alot of the redness has left his wound I've been giving him fluids with a syringe I didn't have anyway to tube feed him last night I went out today and got some tubes like you use for air in fish tanks I haven't tried tube feeding yet because he started drinking on his own and eating better today fingers crossed that he's making some progress!

Back
Top Bottom