Polish Roos or hens

raven880

In the Brooder
12 Years
Oct 3, 2007
Central Indiana
Does anyone have any hints for telling the roos from the hens on Polish chicks that are about 6 wks old? I have 4 all white ones and 3 black with white crests and they all seem to act pretty much alike.
Gotta say they are the funniest looking little things running around with their big old hats on!
Thanks for any advice.
Paula

Quote:
Hmmm, all the white ones look kinda spikey and all the black ones look like powder puffs...flattened on top but spread way out. I"ll try to get some pictures of the individuals and post them.
Thanks, Miss Prissy.

I have one of each, a pullet and a roo. Pics on my website. Might help ya out
wink.png
My white one is the pullet, the dark one is the roo.

Quote:
Click on "my page" at the bottom of this message. Then click on WC Polish at the top of the page, I have some pictures there that might help.

Last edited:
I finally have pics of the individual chics and am going to post them under a new post later today so keep an eye out for them. It will have 'Polish' somewhere in the subject line
I"d do it now but I have my 10 mos old granddaughter today and everytime I start something on here she skoots off out of sight and I have to stop to get her. Guess I need to play with her for the rest of the day. <g>

verthandi, I just saw your post and checked your photos. I'll have to look closely at my chicks but I don't recall seeing any really red, angry looking area on their cere area but their feathers cover it so I could miss it. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Glad to help, just keep an eye on the cere and wattles for deepening color. I tried to check out your new post, but most of the photos only loaded the top couple of inches. It might be my dial up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom