Polish rooster - what colour would you call this ?

mybackyardhobbyfarm

Songster
8 Years
Dec 18, 2014
B.C. Canada
Hi, so I have this guy… supposedly a white crested Cuckoo Polish but he obviously has another colour tone mixed in.
My questions:
Is their a name for this colour pattern ?
If I breed to a standard white crested cuckoo hen am I going to get gold colour leakage ?

DC8415F2-0170-4BD2-8514-F31B03A053B6.jpeg

Attachments

• B169B98E-600B-480B-9BFF-CCD0978C2F06.jpeg
    B169B98E-600B-480B-9BFF-CCD0978C2F06.jpeg
    473.6 KB · Views: 3
I do not know the coloring.. but boy what a looker! Beautiful coloring of the feathers. It is possible that if you breed him there will be some chicks with that color.

I do not know the coloring.. but boy what a looker! Beautiful coloring of the feathers. It is possible that if you breed him there will be some chicks with that color.
Thankyou ! I’m excited about him!
He is still young . 17 weeks . He’s gotten more and more of the golden tone in the last few weeks . Before that he just looked barred.

The color is White Crested Golden Cuckoo(as in Golden Cuckoo Marans), but is only has one copy of Barring so he is a Dark Cuckoo colored. so either his mother or his sire were Cuckoo

He can also be the result of a cross between a Crele Polis with a black crested polish

Last edited:
The color is White Crested Golden Cuckoo(as in Golden Cuckoo Marans), but is only has one copy of Barring so he is a Dark Cuckoo colored. so either his mother or his sire were Cuckoo

He can also be the result of a cross between a Crele Polis with a black crested polish
Thankyou very helpful

Back
Top Bottom