polish sex question

DSC01145.jpg

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

I am really hoping my frizzle isn't a roo, but knowing my luck!

The silver laced color seem to like to look like roos in the head feathers but its just the coloring that knocks it off. I think its a hen due to the lack of wattles. A roo should have very noticable ones at that age.

I also think the gold lace is a hen.

The silver laced is a roo. You can see he has saddle feathers on his back and his crest is long and pointy.

The gold laced:
#1: frizzle I THINK is a pullet. How old is it? My frizzle is about 3-4 months and this is what he looks like:
27475_img_1072.jpg

#2: hen
#3: hen

The gold lace are 9 weeks. I would be so happy if the frizzle was a hen, these are the first chicks I ever hatched. I bought the eggs on ebay and they were all supposed to be frizzles but only one was. However I can't complain because 5 out of 6 hatched, which I heard was pretty good for shipped eggs.

well, that sucks if it is a rooster. i just had to get rid of one of my other polishes because it was a rooster and now i may have to get rid of this one
sad.png

at least i still have one at home that i know is a hen. pretty obvious since it lays eggs
lol.png

im going to eventually have two polish hens if it kills me!!

I think the silver laced in the first pic is a rooster - hard to tell, but the saddle feathers appear to be pointed?

Of the gold laced pics, they all appear to be hens to me, but a profile shot would help with #3. I love the frizzle in the first pic!

The last frizzle pic looks like someone went out back and took a picture of my roo, Fraggle! They're identical!!!

Quote:
Actually you won't always get frizzles out of a frizzle. They will have the gene (as far as I understand) but their feathers are smooth. You only have a 50/50 chance of hatching out a bird with frizzled feathers... 9 weeks is still young, so just keep your fingers crossed
smile.png

That is a rooster.
100% sure
He doesnt neccisarily need to have wattles on him at that age to just say that hes a rooster. He is Bearded wich means his wattles won't get as big as a non bearded. A dead give away is the comb. It looks like two horns on the the top of the head. You have to dig around but they will be there. and are more prononw that what you would ever find on a hen. His crest isnt fully round and its more bushy. see the longer feathers on the rump? Hens dont get that

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom