Polish Test...UPDATED!! EGG!!

Carpe DiHen

Songster
9 Years
Feb 4, 2010
El Dorado County, CA
Got an EGG! I have 4 chickens that are 27 weeks old and three of them have been laying regularly for 3-4 weeks. Today, I got a fourth eggs! My Polish was clucking and barking and setting in the nest box off and on all day yesterday, then today....Ta Dah:
woot.gif

48358_hifiveeggbest.jpg

UPDATED: Added this shot of her back to help others who are trying to figure out their GLP:
48358_polishback.jpg

There rest of this is the old part of the post:
This is a 28 week old Golden Laced Polish. If you JUST look at the head feathers Pullet or Cockerel? DO NOT LOOK AHEAD YET! This is a test!:

48358_polish1.jpg

Ok, now look at this, remember, this is a 6 month old bird:

48358_polish2.jpg

There are no wattles or comb, and this is the same head feathers as in the first picture, just from another angle:
48358_polish3.jpg

Last edited:
Just going by the pointy feathers on the head, neck and saddle area, I'd say its a boy. It looks like it has the same feathering as my 3 boys of the same breed, and mine dont have combs or wattles either! Tail looks roo'ish too.

Let us know how it turns out!!
smile.png

And now looking at the pics after i posted girl, guess what now i think GIRL , LOL there are no saddles. and teh head feathers are rounded, tehy would be way more pointy and out of control.

Last edited:
I am also thinking girl. Even if she isn't laying by now, a boy sure would be crowing and you would have lots more red in the face.

I too have some polish (3) and wondered what sex they were...posted pics and got about an even number of guesses either way. Mine are now 7 to 8 months old and one is beginning to show small signs of red in on the head and teeny tiny beginnings of wattles but still no crow nor egg from any of the three. That one is also showing signs now of being a tad more forward than the others although another one is chasing around and bumping chests with that one. I guess eventually they will do a crow or an egg!
sharon

Back
Top Bottom