POLISH THREAD Talk about your Polish and post pics of your Polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I just posted pics of my hen w/ waddles to. I am told the hens have waddles. I dont have roosters and my hen will crow once in awhile too. Only in the coop when other hens are in there with her..ha ha I have close neighbors so I am glad she is not real loud and doesnt do it frequently..

Hatched several. Sport colored chicks from my gold laced bantams.
Hatched about 60 - 70 chicks from my GL Polish & ended up hatching 3-4 BTB / wheaton looking chick & 2 bearded whites.
1 white died soon after the hatch.
I still have 1 white cockerel, I am hoping to cross this sport white polish this with existing bearded white polish for new blood.
Will post pics ASAP.
Not sure what to do w/ the black tailded buffs though
hu.gif

Hello folks,
I have a chick that was supposed to be a Sumatra, but the folks on the Sumatra thread say "Not a chance", and suggested it may be a Polish mix. What do you guys think? She has a little crest forming (difficult to see in the pictures):

52854_cripple_chick_014.jpg

52854_cripple_chick_008.jpg

If she is, what color will she end up being? I'm trying to decide which chicks to keep, so any help is appreciated.

here is a pic of a sport white that hatched from my gold laced polish bantam this year.

this is the first ever of its kind, I have ever hatched in my 5 yrs with working on gold laced polish.

Here is a pick of what looks to be a Black Tailed Buff Polish Bantam, as of now they almost look like a wheaton color.
They are also sport colors from My Gold Laced polish, I am guessing the more closer I line bred the more, odd genes strengthend.
idunno.gif

But who knows, I was told it's from using Polish from Al Westlings stock ???

12005_imag0636.jpg

12005_imag0629.jpg

12005_imag0605.jpg

Here is a pic of a Red Polish From Ideal, I usually don't do hatchery birds, but curiosity got the best of me.
lol.png

I bought this chicks since I have only heard of red polish but have never seen any, so I thought I'd raise it & see what it looked like as an adult.
As of now it's only about 3 months old or so ? It looks like i'ts going to color out like a (New Hampshire Red).
12005_imag0616.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a few picks of my Silver Laced Polish bantams (Started birds)
This Is a SL Polish Pullet, She is Completely Laced through out her entire body. She has Lacing through out her hackles & Beard, Perfect for breeding !
The beard it the hardest part to get the lacing in my opinion.
Because most of the time they end up with all black beards.
12005_imag0623.jpg

Here Is 1 of my SL Polish Bantam Cockerels. Other chicks pecked out his beard, but he usually has lacing everywhere like his sister above. He Is a Possible breeder for next season
wink.png

Notice my ugly as Heck
sickbyc.gif
red polish in the back ground
lol.png
it has a broad beak, & small crest, but again is still young.
12005_imag0620.jpg

Quote:
I was told by the secy of the Polish club (John) when I went to pick up Tolbunt eggs from him- 99% of the red polish are that way (my mom's 1 yr old hen is UGLY- and will head to the auction soon w/ barnyard mix roos, once they are old enough to sex)

I had asked him if it would be benefical to cross red polish to GL & take those to Tolbuts for not diluting the Tolbunt color down for the GL x Tolbunt out crosses. He said- please no!! He stated most reds have smaller crests, smaller size & more leg color issues.

He also said- unsure on truth to this- that they got reds crossing the WC Blacks to red Leghorns- that is why they still have crappy crests & more issues with leg color. Not sure how the smaller size came in from that cross though.

I have not intentions of crossing in a Hatchery Bird into my stock.
sickbyc.gif

Was curious as to what the color actually was, thats the only reason I bought it.

Most likely I will Cull it in the next few months, I just want to see what it looks like as far as color as an adult.

I don't plan on breeding Gold Laced Polish anymore, I am selling the flock ASAP!

I decided to just stick to my Silvers, & to keep them that way, I need to really focus.

So out with the golds & in with the NEw
lau.gif

I hate to let them go but I Can't focus on 2 colors anymore don't have the space or as much time.

I am only going to be keeping My Bearded Silver Laced Polish Bantams.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Good plan, Josh. The laced varieties really need someone focusing on them to bring some quality to the variety. I have yet to see one with the small comb and large crest of the white-crested varieties. I would love to see one good enough to whip my birds at a show some day. (Of course, I say that now....)

Crest size is not too bad of a problem
wink.png
Mine all have nice decent sized crest especially the females.
My Gold Laced roosters still need work as far as crest size, & Lacing in Hackle, but as for combs, I do pretty well.
roll.png

My Silvers are another story, This years breeders did have big V combs but their sons & daughters look to be promising
fl.gif

One Of these Days I will beat a bearded White or a WC Polish
thumbsup.gif
& win Champ AOCCL
big_smile.png

Trying to find new blood is the hard part
lol.png
gig.gif

12005_polish_hen_12.jpg

This hen is not as laced in the hackles, but has a Nice sized crest.
smile.png

Here's a Gold Laced hen & roo I showed this past April
wink.png

12005_p9191994.jpg
12005_p3210555.jpg

12005_p3210557.jpg

12005_p9191993.jpg

Man I love Laced Birds
droolin.gif

12005_imag0232.jpg
12005_imag0231.jpg

Last edited: