POLISH THREAD Talk about your Polish and post pics of your Polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flower, They have Silver Laced listed on Meyers website- just looked there as I wondered if you could get sexed chicks from them after Hawkeye posted. You can- limited amounts.

Hawkeye- I think alot of people on here get them from hatcheries for fun pets. Those that get serious about them get them from breeders. However you have to research your breeders- some got their breeding stock from hatcheries and then you are not getting SQ line birds still. Mom got her first Polish from a hatchery (her gold lace), then went to local breeders for her other birds. I picked up her 2 WC Blacks & Blue Frizzle from a chicken show. The little WC blue & splashes I picked up for her this year were from a breeder- just a step over hatchery quality.

My "own birds" (which are still eggs- so I can't count them
hu.gif
) I got from breeders as eggs (they are pure Tolbunt eggs & Gold Lace/ Tolbunt 1st generation eggs- we'll see what they end up as when they grow -but first hatch)

Last edited:
I think many people have bought their birds from local small farm breeders. In cooler weather there are a lot of hatching eggs shipped from BYC folks to other BYC. I bought mine from a local (80 miles away) breeder. I am sure everone has several different sources. You will get more responses.

Omg. Your polishes are georgous! I have one polish rooster named Nick And a baby named Dara..little black with who're/ black white mixed head. I definitely agree That I love these polish more than my silkies or sultans. They are beautiful chickens!
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom