POLISH THREAD Talk about your Polish and post pics of your Polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Your chicks are not polish chicks, they look like a blue & white ameracauna chicks
wink.png

X 5 votes for AMERAUCANAS

That was my 1st thought too......
but she said she had a roo...... so thought maybe he fathered them........

Quote:
Thank you!!!!!
smile.png
Ill get some of the others tomorrow and post them up.

Where did you get them from?

I got them in a combined order with a friend from meyer. I think we ordered 25 chicks together. All Crested polish of mixed color. We got wc blues, wc Blacks and wc buff laced.

Quote:
To me the crest seems to be coming in like a pullet, but I find around 4 months to be the magic age to tell on them.
I find the pullets poof is smoother, more "helmet-head" like ; roos seem to start getting the spikey "wildman" look then.

Ruthie, now Rufus, crowed this morning
sad.png

Not sure what to do because we also think that Annabeth is a roo - that makes 3 out of 5 of our Polish chicks. Wouldn't be so bad except we have an EE roo, our second one to crow. Not sure my flock of 22 can handle 5 roos.

Does anyone have a LF Rooster for sale in the South Ga/North Florida area? My friend is looking for one, she doesn't care what color, but she prefer buff laced and possibly frizzled.

I have had both of my D'Unccles hatch out- they ran all over like crazy monkeys right away.

However I've had 2 of my Tolbunt Polish hatch out tonight- and they are just laying there, they move a little and then lay there again for a while. They seem so letargic- is this normal? Will they act ok in the morning?

Jenny has always hatched out the eggs for us- so this is the first time I am hatching them. I have 14 more to hatch (8 due tomorrow, 6 on the 4th) and am worried about them.

Quote:
I wouldn't be concerned about them not moving too much. it is hard work getting out of that egg/

i am hatching right now too and most of them are just lying around, the ones that hatched last nite are more mobile.
Congratulations
clap.gif

I picked these up yesterday from our BYC swap from Tom Carey a poultry judge they are soooo darn cute..I have been wanting bantam polish for ever..I put them in a cage in front of the window on our porch just to look and smile
lol.png
they are toooo cute. Well at least till quarintine is over...
love.gif

20413_p8090666.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom