Polish Thread!

IMG_20180204_171349.jpg
IMG_20180204_171438.jpg
this is my little Polish hen popcorn

I need some input.

My bantam Polish trio is feather plucking and I can't stop it. I've tried blue cote, giving them lots of room, changing pens, good protein. Nothing works. I truly believe the one that started plucking is caused by genetics as I found out the seller has the same problem. The second hen may have learned it. I don't think the rooster is plucking anyone, but not positive. I'm a bit discouraged and with only a trio, it's hard to be "selective". Do any of you have this problem and how have you controlled it?

To top it off, my beautiful tolbunt rooster spurred me this morning out of the clear blue. He seemed to have a good temperament up until now, and "touchable" without getting upset. I really like this breed, but considering changing my mind and getting another.

I need some input.

My bantam Polish trio is feather plucking and I can't stop it. I've tried blue cote, giving them lots of room, changing pens, good protein. Nothing works. I truly believe the one that started plucking is caused by genetics as I found out the seller has the same problem. The second hen may have learned it. I don't think the rooster is plucking anyone, but not positive. I'm a bit discouraged and with only a trio, it's hard to be "selective". Do any of you have this problem and how have you controlled it?

To top it off, my beautiful tolbunt rooster spurred me this morning out of the clear blue. He seemed to have a good temperament up until now, and "touchable" without getting upset. I really like this breed, but considering changing my mind and getting another.
Are they plucking themselves or each other?

Each other. It was confined to just the 3 of them, but it appears now they are including another bantam. I recently put pine tar on the crest of the two polish that had crest damage, so that may have caused the guilty party(s) to pluck the bantam roosting with them. This forced me to put pine tar on the recently included bantam also.

Each other. It was confined to just the 3 of them, but it appears now they are including another bantam. I recently put pine tar on the crest of the two polish that had crest damage, so that may have caused the guilty party(s) to pluck the bantam roosting with them. This forced me to put pine tar on the recently included bantam also.
are you able to separate them in cages until there crests and feathers back? You can tape up the crests so they can’t peck it so bad

Back
Top Bottom