Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenman98, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Got some little red wattles on him, and comb is getting redish! I say a rooster.

2. Love to see some pictures[​IMG]

3. mrchicks

mrchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I agree.

4. a little chiken

a little chiken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2013
    Tucson Arizona
    Here are my two silkies crested mix

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are my crested chicks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Really cute pictures.

6. dstinett

dstinett Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2014
    Jefferson, TX
    My dog has been guarding my chickens for 7 years now. He killed a few in the beginning but responded very well to training and has become an incredible protector of my girls. He even let's them pick bugs off of him. Today, he and the cat (always around chicks and chickens , 3 years old) lost their minds and killed 10, 4 week old chicks. My daughter is crushed. I HAVE to find replacements. She wants black white crested polish. I want a local breeder, but that's unlikely since I live in the sticks of NE Texas. Which hatcheries do you recommend that fill small orders?

7. Ideal Poultry out of Texas just has a minimum of $25 dollars which is really good if you just want a few.

8. dstinett

dstinett Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2014
    Jefferson, TX
    I've always used ideal. I may again. I was terribly disappointed in their Silkie stock. All others from them have been great

9. I agree about their Silkies I bought some years ago and they looked terrible for Silkies.

10. Ray C

Ray C Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2013
    Ireland
    Partridge Polish chick at 4 weeks old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by