Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenman98, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Picture is kind of fuzzy, But the chicks are very pretty would love to see a clearer picture.

2. Bawkinghen

Bawkinghen Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2013
    I am just so in love with this polish frizzle chick. I have two of them, but this one just has the sweetest personality and the coolest fluffy crest. I have been calling it Ginger and I think it's a girl because it has the skinniest little dainty legs I have ever seen on any of my chickens. [​IMG]

3. Bawkinghen

Bawkinghen Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2013
    And here is my other favorite, Ginger's sister Kimber, a smooth buff laced polish. Poor thing....as much as I love her 'do, I worry that she can't see very much at all.
    [​IMG]

4. mrchicks

mrchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    They are both beautiful. :)

5. Bawkinghen They are both gorgeous, I really love the the first one.

6. kingbrit

kingbrit Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2014
    I'm sorry for your loss, we didn't end up getting any new ones mail order as we really only wanted one but the following is a company who offer smaller orders.

mypetchicken.com is one place you can get some more, I think they allow smaller orders.

I found another who would ship less but have lost their info, sorry, if I find it I will let you know.

We did come across 3 at a local farm store, we are not even certain if they are bantams but we don't care either, just glad to get some little ones again.

Miss the sound of tiny feet running towards us when we called her name.

Good Luck

1 person likes this.
  7. Lotta3

Lotta3 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2014
    I'm on the lookout for a few more Polish girls - they are kinda addictive - but as I don't drive and they aren't common around here it may take me a while

Cotton especially it turns out is amazingly 'child friendly' - and seeks out my niece and nephew

with my nephew (8)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my mum helping my niece (4)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    Teach everyone early on how to scoop up laying pullets/hens. Holding from the side-back is holding them in their reproductive area. Scoop from the front under the hen between their legs, hold gently against your body while holding down the wings from the top with the other hand to avoid flapping. Chickens like to feel secure and holding them middair from their sides can cause a human to dangerously squeeze harder on the reproductive organs to hold onto a wiggly chicken. Just my 2 cents - Smiles

9. Lotta3

Lotta3 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2014
    thanks - so far they have been scooping under side as that way if Cotton isn't in mood her wings aren't actually restricted - she slips out of hands very easily - before being perched onto a wrist - again so she's hopping straight down as she feels like - this was how the breeder showed me (and the kids) to pick them up

10. dstinett

dstinett Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2014
    Jefferson, TX
    MurrayMacmurray offers sexed white crested polish. Anyone have any experience with them? I really want some

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by