Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenman98, Jun 6, 2010.

1. dstinett

dstinett Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2014
    Jefferson, TX
    40 is great mentally but really physically sucks. I'm sure having a baby last year sped up the process.

2. mrchicks

mrchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I'm in my 20's somewhere. I go up to 30, the backwards to 21, then up back to 30....

Mind is still okay, body is shot. [​IMG]

3. Twinklin

Twinklin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2013
    Scottsdale, AZ
    My Coop
    Hey all. I'm a proud new polish momma. I have a smaller residential yard so I've limited myself to 8 birds total. I got 4 last year, all production feed store birds and so in Dec I ordered 4 more, this time I ordered through mypetchicken so I could be really really picky about what my final 4 would be. I made sure I got a polish in this batch and decided on a silver laced. I've heard good things about MPC (I think they use Meyer hatchery) sexing accuracy so hopefully all my new girls remain girls. Here's Padme!!!!

Padme at a few days old
    [​IMG]

on the left with her new sisters
    [​IMG]

at 2 weeks
    [​IMG]

4. mrchicks

mrchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin

5. They are adorable babies congrats!

6. quailtrail

quailtrail Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    Poland Maine
    Congrats on babies! !!! Gonna take pics soon to share! !! I am so in love!!!

7. Nickeechickee

Nickeechickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2012
    Sorry wrong thread

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  8. Nickeechickee

Nickeechickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2012
    Here's the one I wanted to share, an updated pic of "Polly"

[​IMG]

We were only successful in straightening the toes on the one foot. But she is quite agile and friendly and so far has no problems perching on fingers, the edge of the food dishes, or keeping up with the other chicks.

9. quailtrail

quailtrail Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    Poland Maine
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. TommyDaDelaware

TommyDaDelaware Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Central WI.
    Heh heh heh. I'm really thinking daisy is a rooster now. . Just happened to fly under the radar for a little while there. 'Her' crest is really unruly for a hen. ANd today, thinking it might be mites that keep 'her' feathers from growing back in, I gave 'her' a bath. You would not believe the amount of food particles and probably a little manure got tangled in that crest!! [​IMG]
    Do you guys think 'she' is actually a He? Judging just by his crest I say yes, and I found some pointy pointy hackle feathers and saddles. He was not happy with his bath, but I'm sure having that food and dirt out of his crest feels better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by