Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenman98, Jun 6, 2010.

1. quailtrail

quailtrail Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    Poland Maine
    Ok ...so I need a voice of reason. ..I love the look of the Polish. ...but am having a hard time with them being s ooooo skittish and flighty :( makes me sad :(

2. mrchicks

mrchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I need a nap. We're at 5/6 on mine and 4/10 on the shipped. We may get 2 more out of the shipped. Here's to hoping.

My Polish act skittish too, until I hold still or at least slow down. When I'm sitting down they are all over me. They do dash madly around the coop, yard and run, but are the sweetest birds I have ever had. Most of the freaking out that mine do is because they didn't see what they heard. I talk as I walk, it helps.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  3. My Bantam Chocolate Laced Polish Project I have been working on for over 2 years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  4. nate1the1great1

nate1the1great1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado
    Mn i would buy if u would ship to colorado

5. Book

Book Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2012
    Eastern GA
    [​IMG]

This I have been told is a male! It was sold to me as a hen. Shame on me for not knowing the differences before hand! Still, he is beautiful. My 8 year old son named him Phoenix before we knew he was a male. It fits! Now that we believe he and his hen are healthy we have put them with the flock. The flock as put them at the bottom of the pecking order but they all sleep together. Very skittish and yet when I am sitting near the open run the Polish come to visit me more than the others. (We never let the food run out so they don't come running when they see us. Maybe I should let the food run out each day before refilling so they all love us more? LOL Anyway, everything seems ok. Wish they were more accepted but they are not being hurt either.

This is the other Polish that the son named cupcake:
    [​IMG]

Wish I had some idea of how old they are. No eggs yet. If I did manage to see them mate at some point and get eggs, what colors might the chicks be?

6. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    I would love some, but I'm way over in Michigan.

7. Nickeechickee

Nickeechickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2012

8. quailtrail

quailtrail Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    Poland Maine
    @mrchicks any updates? ??

9. Dawnrenae

Dawnrenae Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    The newest members of our household.

White crested blue polish, and two baby sultans.[​IMG]

Lovey, the polish babe, belongs to my 5 year old.
    [​IMG]

10. Sorry I do not ship, but thank you!

Thank you! I am sorry I don't ship.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by