Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had to move pur polish out of the ChickADee pen to the Chicklettes pen. Too many roosters, didn't want to see him get picked on. He's starting to sport some beautious gold/copper featherinf on neck & back

Hi Group! I'm not new to chickens but I'm new to Crested birds. I have 30 "Top Hat" birds from Ideal Hatchery - they are 2 weeks old and just starting to grow crests - I was hoping for Buff Laced but I'm not seeing any. Nice selection of Sultans though and a smattering of others. I was hoping you might shed some light on these little guys and gals.

Red?

Silver Polish

Houdan?

Silver and Gold Laced Polish?

White Crested Black?

White Crested Black (L) and Sultan (R)

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Boy, my gold laced polish chick had a definite head poof right from day 1. I hope yours is just a late bloomer, because i love gold laced! I will try to dig up her day old pics. Sorry, i can't help with any of the others as i'm new to chickens, but the sultan was on my wish list & that would be great if one came in your order! They are all adorable, congraulations!

Hi polish lovers, I have a frizzle that hatched on 30th May 2014. I believe it to be a pullet but it has feathers growing down the outside of its legs. I have to say since it hatched it has always had some but just lately they have become more prominent. It is not crowing or acting like a cockerel. Some of its hatch mates are cockerels and are crowing and are much bigger than this one. I thought Polish didn't have feathered legs? Any advice would be much appreciated.

it's not the top pic sorry wrong bird. Middle bird in second pic. And bird on left in bottom pic.
This is a result of the breeding Cochins with Polish to transfer the Frizzle gene to them. You have a f1/f2 bird.

Thanks, for your feedback. Yah, the chicks conformation was bad and I noticed in the photo that she had horrible cross beak, so I culled her. :(
I have only had a Sultan rooster before so I'm pretty excited about the Sultans in this group. There are maybe 8 or 10 birds.

Hi Group! I'm not new to chickens but I'm new to Crested birds. I have 30 "Top Hat" birds from Ideal Hatchery - they are 2 weeks old and just starting to grow crests - I was hoping for Buff Laced but I'm not seeing any. Nice selection of Sultans though and a smattering of others. I was hoping you might shed some light on these little guys and gals. Red? Silver Polish Houdan? Silver and Gold Laced Polish? White Crested Black? White Crested Black (L) and Sultan (R) Ok too red crested red looks female Next silverlaced - short beak poss female I've noticed ideals chicks don't have as big of crest as others . Third definitely a creecour possibly male Silver laced and golden laced looks like he has a cross beak poor guy White crested black but possibly houdan need to see whole body.ast is white crested black and definitely sultan. I'll send a pic of my houdan

this is what my houdans looked liked from ideal really fuzzy this pic makes them look all white but from the back they look all black so I think I have two white crested blacks :)

Back
Top Bottom