polish top knots too fluffy ?

jarvis

Songster
8 Years
May 12, 2011
potosi
(sorrrrrryyyyyyy if this isnt where i should post this .. =/ )

my two polish girls top knots are getting so thick fluffy .. they can barley see whats goin on .. lol i personaly think its funny that they dont know whats goin on all the time .. but ... i like ho wthey look .. but can i cut there feathers back a little so they can see better ? these two are my first ive raised ... and i feel bad they cant see real good .. should i just leave them be .. or .. cut there "hair" lol ???

it's up to you, you can trim their feathers if you want to. If they are going to be outside the coop, I would recommend it. But remember , they will not grow back until the birds molt again.;-)

ha ha. maybe put some pink foam rollers in and give em a perm?
wink.png

I have seen people putting it up in a tiny scrunchy like a pony tail spurt on top of their heads.. like you would do a dog with lots of hair... of course triming it back would be easier .. if your not showing or anything..

I've been wondering about this too! My little Bantam Cuckoo Polish also has this problem....I can't even see her eyes!

23665_polishcrest.jpg

I tried to sort of pull her crest up into a bow or whatever, but it seemed to pull on her eyelids, like she had a terrible face lift! Didn't look comfortable. I'm leaning towards trimming around the eyes, but she looks soooo pretty with her big poof!

What to do? What to do?

idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom