1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

polish trim..

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by smom1976, Jul 16, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    well I trimmed my polish yesterday.. and one.. well lets just say I am not a hair stylist by trade.. not even close. I thought I had finished looked at her and saw that she was a little lopsided so I cut a little more of the other side. well that is a down hill spiral needless to say I even cut the top not just the sides..

:eek:

but now they are running around trying to bull up to all the hens, the dog, the baby, me, just about every thing they can see.. I think that I even disrupted the pecking order.

This is what they do someone can tell me if they are bulling up..

They put their head down and run up to what ever (even the lawn chair [​IMG]) get up to it and stick their head way high sometimes fluffing out their feathers a little and then get real still.. almost like a staring contest. Lasts for at least a min or two and then head goes down running to the next object.

I will try to get pics especially of the butchered one..

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Hehe - maybe it's because they can see now?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by