Polk county, NC Flock swap

wildriverswolf90

Songster
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
polk county, NC

Come out and enjoy the flock swap. At the mill spring agricultural center. Come by... sell, buy and trade, check out the farm store, with fresh bread, jams, produce and fresh meats. And come check out the meat tasting, local farmers, farm raised meats, and their best recipes.

156 school road
Mill spring, NC 28756

JUNE 8TH
11-2PM

List of breeds I will have:
***CHICKS***
Large fowl blue orpingtons
Bantam frizzle cochins
bantam orpingtons from chocolate project
Larg fowl Rhode island reds
Easyer eggers

1 dark Brahma pair- 12 weeks old

****Hatching eggs***
call ducks
gold seabrights
seramas
frizzle cochin
buff orpington
sizzle silkie

may also have a trio of seramas, under a year.

Last edited:
I know there is a farm store on site (or at least that is what I gather from the page I went to ) Are others allowed to come and sell goods? Or is this strictly a chicken swap event? I know you had said it's similar to Chickenstock so I was hoping to make another try at this since I got rained out a Chickenstock a couple weeks ago.
hide.gif
Thanks!

Thought I would share. I double checked with Polk County Farms.I'm sure people bringing chickens don't have to pay but a vendor/ non-chicken swapper has to pay a fee to be there.
Here is the response I got:
Jennifer,
Patrick McLendon is in charge of the event and this is his reply- Its fine with me, she will pay $10 in County resident or $20 out of county/state resident to set up shop at the Meat your Local Meet event.
She can pay on that day to me.
Thanks,
Patrick
Hope this helps and we all look forward to your participation

Today was a great day, sold almost everything, and bought some good stuff. Jen, I'm so sorry I didn't make my way up to meet you, I saw the bags and kept meaning to come and say Hi and look and your stuff.
Amy- Sandy- it was sooo great to see ya'll had a blast. Thank ya'll so much for the birds, they are all settled in and happy :)

Back
Top Bottom