Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #19

That is strange. If you want some help looking into this, let us know.

Thank you so much! I'm confident it's my device who's causing the problems, because I've had this problem in another site. But if it ever gets too annoying, I'll be sure to let you know! Thanks again!

Thank you so much! I'm confident it's my device who's causing the problems, because I've had this problem in another site. But if it ever gets too annoying, I'll be sure to let you know! Thanks again!
Try saving your article as a draft (so only you can see it), individually close all your (Google) pages, then restart your device. After the restart, give it a couple of minutes to start running smoothly. Open a new Google page, go to BYC, go under Articles - Your Content - Your Drafts, find your article and post as public (if it's messed up from before the restart, fix before posting). Hopefully that helps.

62e31bb091007cc5f80c76bcc092e16c.gif

This contest is now closed!
Thank you so much to everyone that participated! Judging will begin today, and we will announce the winners here soon. So stay tuned and good luck to the contestants!!

Be sure to check out the new contest!

Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #20

View attachment 3551318
Hey everyone!

This contest ends tomorrow at 11:59 pm Pacific Time!

So get those last-minute entries in, and for those that have entered, check your articles for spelling, grammar, broken links, & broken pictures.

I've copied and pasted the rules from the first page and changed the color of the important ones to red:

Rules:
  1. All articles must be written by you and must be unique (do not copy from other sources).
  2. Absolutely NO COPYRIGHTED content allowed!
  3. Only original pictures, taken by you, or someone you know (with their permission) may be used. No screenshots from the web, books, or magazines are allowed.
  4. All drawings and/or illustrations must be created by you. No screenshots from the web, books, or magazines are allowed.
  5. ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  6. Sorry, articles and pages submitted to our previous contests will not count for this contest.
  7. All articles must contain accurate information, must be a minimum of 500 words (shoot for 750+), and should contain pictures relative to the subject matter.
  8. Please spell-check and grammar-check your article(s).
  9. BYC retains full license of articles submitted.
  10. ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  11. For bonus points, try to include at least one link at the end of your article to another related BYC article, thread, or post.
  12. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules).
  13. Entries accepted through June 22nd, 2023, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time
It would seem I've, accidentally, entered myself in this contest. 🧐 I didn't write an article, but I did comment on one. I'm sure I'm to blame... however I'm unsure how to fix it. I am sorry if I caused confusion. 😕 But my comment doesn't stand a chance at winning an article contest. Lol

full

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished judging, and we have our winners!
@Perris, @nuthatched, @RoostersAreAwesome, @Allsfairinloveandbugs, & @notabitail

First Place - @Perris
Wholesome home-made chicken feed, without sweat, tears, a calculator, or deep pockets.

Wholesome home-made chicken feed, without sweat, tears, a calculator, or deep pockets.

Introduction This article is written in response to several requests to write up how I make my own chicken feed for my flock of heritage and rare breed chickens. I started keeping chickens in 2017, and initially fed them entirely on commercial feed. My aim is to have happy, healthy birds; it is...

Second Place - @nuthatched
Trouble in Parasites: Natural Wormers

Trouble in Parasites: Natural Wormers

Introduction Having a healthy flock is a priority of poultry owners everywhere, whether the birds are pets, livestock, or somewhere in between; we all want happy and robust birds. There's no one-size-fits-all method of chicken keeping but basic rules that can be customized to your particular...

Third Place - @RoostersAreAwesome
Caring for Pigeons in an Aviary or Indoors

Caring for Pigeons in an Aviary or Indoors

Pigeons make great pets, something that is unknown to many people, even those who keep chickens and other types of birds! In this article I will go over the basics of caring for pigeons outdoors in an aviary or indoors in the home. Pigeons aren’t for everyone, but you may find at the end of this...

Fourth Place - @Allsfairinloveandbugs
How To Teach Your Puppy To Be Trustworthy Around Your Poultry

How To Teach Your Puppy To Be Trustworthy Around Your Poultry

Many people who have poultry will eventually bring home an adorable new puppy. Puppies entertain us with their cute and playful antics, steal our hearts and become treasured members of our families. But as a puppy grows, those playful behaviors can transition to include chasing and killing our...

Fifth Place - @notabitail
The Easy Way to Raise Mealworms.

The Easy Way to Raise Mealworms.

I have been raising mealworms for around six months now. In this article I will show you how to raise the worms easily and without making all the mistakes I made. To get started with mealworms, you will need to have a ten gallon fish tank, wheat bran, a empty cardboard egg carton, carrots, and...

@Perris, @nuthatched, @RoostersAreAwesome, @Allsfairinloveandbugs, & @notabitail, I will be sending you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!

Come check out the new contest!
Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #20

thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow :clap Great job, everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee

yippiechickie.gif

~ Shout out to all of the judges that took the time to read all of the articles. I know it was incredibly difficult to judge, and I appreciate all of you! ~

And THANK YOU to our BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them)

Back
Top Bottom