poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

I have three legal hens and one illegal roo. The legal limit is six hens and NO roosters, but so far, at least right now, no complaints from the neighbors. I do give them eggs and wine though...... (bribes or frendliness - you decide)

Legal. We are on the outskirts of Phoenix, in an area where people have at least 1 acre. Out here I've seen horses, cattle, camels, lamas, and poultry. No HOA's out here, it's why we picked this area. Love Desert Hills!

Legal if I take care of all the birds, illegal if I let my son take care of the birds (4H project). Directly from the ordinance:

No person shall keep any ducks, geese, pigeons, chickens, birds, or other fowl within the city in any unsanitary condition or within such proximity of dwelling houses or in any manner so as to be a nuisance.

My son has issues with the sanitary part. He can figure out how to use a shovel to dig up the garden looking for worms to go fishing, but cannot figure out how to shovel out the coop with-out me coming behind and finishing the job. And no he is not some little kid, he is going on 15 in a few months.

We are also partially illigal between the time the roos we get from the hatch start crowing and we get them shipped off to the countryside.

Apparently I am illegal...out in the middle of the country illegal and madder than a crazy, old red hen about it!

I am legal tho had a guy come out last summer told me since he is developing all the land around me so I had to follow his HOA rules...Now my family has owned this property for 200 years so when I laughed at him he got mad started threatening so I politely had my 50 cal ask him to leave...He ran to the law and they told him to stay off my property if he doesn't like guns
big_smile.png

What got me mad he bought the property from my family to raise chickens for the chicken factory, now since the factory wouldn't deal with him ,he doesnt want anyone raising chickens.

Back
Top Bottom