Poll - Are your eggs better?

Do you think your eggs are better than store-bought?

• Yes

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • About the same...

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I don't really notice a taste difference, if that's what you mean.

But, I know that my chickens get to free range every day on 3 acres. They're content, healthy, and certainly not stressed.

Aside from those things, since I can't say 100% that the eggs for sale aren't from chickens with the same circumstances. At the very least I know that my eggs are fresher than the store bought ones, and not washed where as all store bought eggs here are required to be.

So I feel that yes my eggs are better than store eggs. Also, I don't have to drive half an hour to the store, I just need to camp the nest box. :3 Thankfully I haven't had the problem of them all going on hiatus on the same day.... yet.

I notice a pretty big difference in taste, especially with egg salad, for some reason egg salad tastes so much better with my girl's eggs. Scrambled and fried taste a little better, but the egg salad packs a lot of flavor when I make it with our girl's eggs.

Yes! Except hard boiled. I don't have the patience to let eggs set for a week or two before boiling to make them easy to peel.

Every other aspect, mine are better. Closest store bought egg is 40 minutes one way. I'm a bit biased.

Vinegar, salt, baking soda, never had any luck. I butcher boiled eggs.
I can't remember what store eggs taste like but I know I won't eat a store egg hard boiled or over easy,.

Back
Top Bottom