Poll: Cleaning up chicken poo on porch

How do you remove stubborn chicken poo from cement driveways, porches, walkways?

• Power washer or hose

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Scraper blade

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Scrub by hand

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Wet broom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dry broom

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Allow the rain wash it off

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Chickens are fenced out

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Chickens never leave run

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Not sure, continuous frustration

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Step cautiously and ignore

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthwoodsChick

Fowl play will 🐝 encouraged 🐥🐔
Premium Feather Member
May 16, 2021
UP Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
The amount of poo chickens produce is amazing, and the range of poo consistency varies from chunky peanut butter to melted chocolate ice cream. Chicken poo is great as fertilizer in the garden but when chickens find their way to the entry porch, cement driveway or walkways it is unsanitary, unsightly and difficult to remove.
Not everyone can fence chickens out of these high traffic areas, so cleaning becomes necessary. What are your favorite methods to remove chicken poo of any consistency and how do you deal with the stubborn cecal poop/ stains?

What are some of the creative ways you keep chickens off the porch?

BB05F8C1-202D-4D12-930F-F2D04BFCDE60.jpeg
BB05F8C1-202D-4D12-930F-F2D04BFCDE60.jpeg
I use a flat edge shovel while it’s fresh and use the water hose with sprayer if it gets too built up. They love to roost on my back porch of an evening.

Last edited:
How I deal with it depends upon where it is. On the back porch, I usually kick it off with my boots when it is dry and then use a hose on the jet setting. We don't get that much on the driveway, so we usually just step around it and let the rain take care of it.

My drive way is between the coop and house. The chicken LOVE resting under the cars for hours despite many acres of shady places to roam. I use a hose daily but have to powerwash the thick sticky molasses cecals. Still those evil plops won’t come off completely. Reminds me of gum stuck on a city sidewalk…it may look like it’s dry but scrape it and it reveals gooey soft center days later! :he

My drive way is between the coop and house. The chicken LOVE resting under the cars for hours despite many acres of shady places to roam. I use a hose daily but have to powerwash the thick sticky molasses cecals. Still those evil plops won’t come off completely. Reminds me of gum stuck on a city sidewalk…it may look like it’s dry but scrape it and it reveals gooey soft center days later! :he
My little teenager chicks have started jumping on the hood of my car! I caught two doing it earlier today! They are almost 4 months old. I’m not quite sure what I should do to protect it from scratches and poop. 🤷🏼‍♀️

My little teenager chicks have started jumping on the hood of my car! I caught two doing it earlier today! They are almost 4 months old. I’m not quite sure what I should do to protect it from scratches and poop. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Oh no! I hope that doesn’t become a thing with mine. I wouldn’t have a clue on how to stop that behavior.

I think I'd park my car on the street. If I couldn't, I'd spray the area around the car with peppermint or something else they don't like the smell of.

I think I'd park my car on the street. If I couldn't, I'd spray the area around the car with peppermint or something else they don't like the smell of.
interesting about peppermint. @TRALALARA1.
I have a lot of it growing in an herb garden. It doesn’t put off much odor but do you think putting a few pots around cars and on the porch would help the same as a spray?
parking on the street is not an option for me, but maybe others. My drive is over 600 ft

Maybe there is some way to attach a pinwheel or a magnetic flag to scare them off🤷‍♀️
None of mine have even looked at our cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom