Poll: Is it “a Maran” or “a Marans”?

Is it “a Maran” or “a Marans”?

• a Maran

• a Marans

• I’m not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Like they say, the S is silent.
How about D’Uccle? If you pronounce it the proper French way, no one in the US will know what you’re talking about. Americans say something like Dee-Ookull. I no longer have any, mainly because I didn’t know what to call them! 🙃

Americans say something like Dee-Ookull.

Actually, 'Dee-Ookull' is fairly close to the proper pronunciation for the breed. The d'Uccle is named after the Belgian city of Uccle which, in either French or Dutch, is pronounced 'OO-kull'. The breed therefore would properly be pronounced as 'd-OO-kull'. ;)

Also, as others have said, a Marans is always a Marans. Apparently I already voted, though, so I must have seen this thread before. 🤣

Actually, 'Dee-Ookull' is fairly close to the proper pronunciation for the breed. The d'Uccle is named after the Belgian city of Uccle which, in either French or Dutch, is pronounced 'OO-kull'. The breed therefore would properly be pronounced as 'd-OO-kull'. ;)

Also, as others have said, a Marans is always a Marans. Apparently I already voted, though, so I must have seen this thread before. 🤣
Like the Count that lost his head, in the trilogy we pretend didn't happen? Got it!

1645019935212.png

Back
Top Bottom