POLL: Legal Limits

SteveBaz

Songster
8 Years
Aug 6, 2011
Pacific North West
We have 3 Chics. Reddie, Blackie and Spot. I have grown to loving my chickens. Like everyone else I can only have 3 according to city law. NO Roos at all!!

What is your city limit and how are you doing keeping to your city ordinance?

My wife simply will not let me have 1 more. What's with that, how unfair......!!

Does anyone else's spouse, think they are completely out of their mind???

I know there just chickens but the bond is there for sure so....

How many of you said;"I will any get so many and just could not help themselves?"

This is the greatest site... Very fun...

Steve

Hmm My town doesnt have any ordinance...

My husband knows i am out of my mind ....
big_smile.png

I did that.....then i had to cull due to a respitory inf...... now i am quite content with my 16!

My only ordinance is as long as they are not disturbing the neighbors...just got a roo chick and hoping that he isn't an issue.

My husband is so out of his mind, he hasn't noticed that I'm out of mine too.

The coop can only handle so many, so I've reached my max and plan to stick to it, 15 altogether. I do have ducks but the drake is driving me nuts and don't ever plan on getting more of them.

I can have only 4 and that is all I have. don't really want anymore. Live in a suburaban environment and think 4 is a really good number. also no roos. I have diagnosed myself as crazy so don't need my spouse too LOL

Last edited:
Limit is 5, based on lot size, no roos. Have 4 so there is room for 1 more. Not a problem sticking to it.

No spouse, so no diagnosis.

Imp

6 hens no roos in the city limits of Carrollton GA...the ordinance just passed a month ago. I had already ordered my chickens & was praying on the vote to go well!

My husband thinks I am absolutely nuts but my kids love it.

I have ten chicks. I thought I'd lose more due to illness and will have to rehome any roos.

Last edited:
Quote:
5 in Seattle and 3 in Portland? I saw the Space Needle...

I'm not technically in the city limits. I'm in the city of Renton, just south/east of Seattle. It was the same when I was unincorporated King Co.
Seattle is 8 hens.
Space Needle is fun, good food too.

Back
Top Bottom