Poll: The Best Christmas Film

What is the best Christmas film of all time?

• A Charlie Brown Chirstmas

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A Christmas Carol

• A Christmas Story

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Home Alone

• How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • It's A Wonderful Life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miracle on 34th Street

• Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • The Bishop's Wife

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White Christmas

• Other

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Michael OShay

Crowing
5 Years
May 14, 2014
Montana
We are into the Christmas season now; time to watch all of those Christmas movies that many of us watch every Christmas season. My family and I were discussing which Christmas film was the best one ever made and we have a divided household so I wanted to put the question to the BYC members and ask what you think. I listed the 10 films that are mentioned most in on-line lists and added "other" for those of you who don't think any of them are the best Christmas film ever made. In addition to taking the poll, I would be interested in reading your reasons why you think that your choice is the best Christmas film ever made. Thanks.

I picked "other". For me it's the cartoon Frosty the Snowman. It's a childhood thing. Something about that big melting lovable snowman.
smile.png

I would add the sound of music simply because it is a film that was almost exclusively shown at xmas in the uk when I was growing up.

I chose other, for me it has to be "Santa Claus" The movie. Was my favourite Christmas film as a child and it's just not Christmas if I don't watch it every year!!
Home Alone films come in second and "The muppets Christmas carol" in third.

My problem is that I like them all. My favorite changes with my mood. Sometimes I want to laugh. Other times I want those sweet sent mental movies.

I would add the sound of music simply because it is a film that was almost exclusively shown at xmas in the uk when I was growing up.

I love the Sound of Music as well and it certainly ranks among the all-time great movies but it wasn't on any of the lists I looked at as it isn't considered a traditional Christmas movie. Maybe I should run a best musical poll. It would certainly be on that list. :eek:)

I chose other, for me it has to be "Santa Claus" The movie. Was my favourite Christmas film as a child and it's just not Christmas if I don't watch it every year!!
Home Alone films come in second and "The muppets Christmas carol" in third.
I like Santa Claus the Movie as well (espcecially the second one where he marries the school principal). Believe it or not, I've never seen Home Alone. It's the only movie on the poll list that I haven't seen. I guess I need to watch it sometime.

"Elf" is my favorite among the newer films (that's where my latest avatars have been coming from). From the oldie but goodie ones, it has to be "A Christmas Carol". I like the old black & white version with Alastair Sims as Scrooge the best.

I like all of them really, it just wouldn't be Christmas without the movies
smile.png

From the oldie but goodie ones, it has to be "A Christmas Carol". I like the old black & white version with Alastair Sims as Scrooge the best.

I like all of them really, it just wouldn't be Christmas without the movies
smile.png
The Alistair Sim version in my opinion is probably the best version ever made. The only other one that I think is comparable is the Patrick Stewart version. Of course the Dickens' story itself is so good that it's been re-made many many times, not only in its original form but in numerous modern versions as well such as A Diva's Christmas Carol; Scrooged; It's Christmas, Carol, etc.

Back
Top Bottom