Poll Time: Cool the Coop & Chickens

What do you do/use to help keep things cool?

• Total voters
What do you use to hold the water to freeze it? How do you make the block?
I use totes.
1687983782964.png

And put them in a plastic tobagan(which you Texas folks probably can't get :gig)
1687983833683.png

Yeah the girls wish they had AC 😏. However, just got a solar powered fan, it's getting a test run now. High tomorrow 102 (with humidity at sauna levels) and rest of next week just as bad if not worse 🥵.

Watermelon for an afternoon treat is a big hit. My sister said I spoil the girls, but I told her "better spoiled than broiled!" 😁
I put out watermelon for mine too..and water in the shade for them to stand in if they want to.

Yeah the girls wish they had AC 😏. However, just got a solar powered fan, it's getting a test run now. High tomorrow 102 (with humidity at sauna levels) and rest of next week just as bad if not worse 🥵.

Watermelon for an afternoon treat is a big hit. My sister said I spoil the girls, but I told her "better spoiled than broiled!" 😁
Can you share a link for this fan? How’s it working so far?

Wow! So many ideas and I thought of one today while hosing off a 10x10 tarp. i notice the water pooling in varied locations based on the terrain. Anyway, the chickens love drinking from the tarps that collect rain anyway, so it was instantly added to my hot weather arsenal. Spread tarp, spray with cold water, watch where it collects and watch the chickens enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_5533.jpeg
    IMG_5533.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 12
I use totes.
View attachment 3558965

And put them in a plastic tobagan(which you Texas folks probably can't get :gig)
View attachment 3558966
I saw this on another post from you and I've been doing it for the past couple weeks here in central Texas. I dump the blocks of ice on the ground in the shade. They last for the afternoon if i put them out around 1pm. It's awesome. Much much easier than lugging 1 gallon frozen jugs and cleaning them off daily to re-freeze. The girls crack me up...they go from standing on the ice to standing in a water tub.

Back
Top Bottom