Poll: What kind of tricks do you teach your chickens?

I have trained my chickens to go in the coop. All I have to do literally is go "I'm leaving. Come on." I mean theres 2 or 3 rebellious ones but I have 61 so not bad

i have a chicken called matilda
ep.gif
but great minds think alike
thumbsup.gif
any way ive another called tikka short for chicken tikka masala it cruel i know but my brother named her i taught them both to come when i whistle i love my girls

My Buff Orp rooster can come when called, heel, disrupt my phone conversations with his crowing, jump on my arm, peck my nail polish off, play drums, walk on a leash, and when he was littler I could put clothes on him.

I'm 12 and I manage a small flock all by myself. (Free range) and I have taught my chickens to do some different things. You can get them to jump on your arm by holding your arm out and also holding a treat above that arm. A pair of twins jump two and a half feet to get food, and I can herd them as well as have them come when I call. I have noticed that many people say "I trained them to go into the coop," and "I trained them to squat whilst I pick them up," but I'm sorry to say that is not so. When someone tries to pick a chicken up, they squat or run away if they are afraid. To train a chicken to go in a coop is like teaching a small child; you help them once or twice and then they do it even when you don't want them to.

Funny that your chickens does the same thing with my RIRs. Two of them perch on my shoulders when I get down in the run. My one barred rock and a Black Copper Marans tucks their heads on my lap when I tap like calling a lap dog.
1f602.png

Well there is 2 tricks I taught mine I have 12 chickens all different Breeds and I taught them that when I bend down or crouch to hunt on my back, up to my shoulder, or on my head it is really funny and they like it
1f414.png

Back
Top Bottom