Polysporin on a duck?

That’s what I meant about clean through. Does she have water an feed close by? Keep an eye on her intake and try to keep her from over heating. Panting can be from stress, pain or being hot. Watch for infection. Soaking in warm Epsom salt water can help with healing

What do you mean by clean through? Like right through her foot or actually clean?
no it’s not right through her foot
Yes I cleaned it well, and no when she threw up it was about 5 mins after picking her up and she was all calm, I didn’t touch her and then went to put polysporin on her foot and the threw up, freaked out and bit her foot and then started bleeding all over, my husband came and held her so I could bandage her foot and now she is resting in a dark bin but I’m starting to worry about her, her foot is also very hot and she’s starting to pant
My ducks get nutty when i need to handle them. Poop, throw up, scream bloody murder. Just not the same as chickens. Let her chill a bit.
If it stops bleeding daily neosporin will help. If its gonna get too dirty you can make a flat shoe put of vetwrap, or just keep her in a non muddy spot

My ducks get nutty when i need to handle them. Poop, throw up, scream bloody murder. Just not the same as chickens. Let her chill a bit.
If it stops bleeding daily neosporin will help. If its gonna get too dirty you can make a flat shoe put of vetwrap, or just keep her in a non muddy spot
She’s being kept in a large bin with wood shavings in my living room right now to keep her clean, I have taped gauze with polysporin onto her foot and she’s resting

That’s what I meant about clean through. Does she have water an feed close by? Keep an eye on her intake and try to keep her from over heating. Panting can be from stress, pain or being hot. Watch for infection. Soaking in warm Epsom salt water can help with healing
She did have it until she started vomiting, but I will give it back to her. She was eating and drinking before.

Any ideas how to keep bandaging on her foot, I thought I had it all taped on well but she managed to rip it off, and then she bites her foot making it bleed again

Any ideas how to keep bandaging on her foot, I thought I had it all taped on well but she managed to rip it off, and then she bites her foot making it bleed again
If it were me I would just keep her somewhere where it can stay clean for a couple days and not bother with a bandage if she's not picking at it without the bandage.

Make sure she has access to clean drinking water and as long as she is acting normal, I would provide food too. The liquid expelled is most likely nerves. Mine will do that when I pick them up as well.

Back
Top Bottom