Pomeranian saddlebacks! VS pilgrims!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by DUCKGIRL89, Sep 27, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Which one lays more eggs is what im wondering? And im also open to votes on which breed is sweeter if they inprint.

Thanks!!!!! [​IMG]

2. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Oh, and how much can a goose eat a day?

3. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I have a Pilgrim goose named Peggie and she is the SWEETEST goose around, much friendlier then my Toulouse. I've never had Pomeranians though.

My birds free range so they eat a lot of grass in addition to layer feed, but I imagine they would eat about x2 as much as a duck?

4. Jen C

Jen C Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2011
    Oak Run, CA
    I have never had Pilgrims, but I do have Pomeranians. They are absolutely beautiful and the females tend to be pretty sweet but the males are definitely more on the protective/aggressive side. They have never come after me, but they would routinely charge/threaten other people.

5. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Where did you get them? Do they go broody alot? How many eggs a year do they lay?

6. Jen C

Jen C Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2011
    Oak Run, CA
    I got mine from Holderreads and I would highly recommend them. A lot of the Pomeranians I have seen from some of the other hatcheries barely even look like Pomeranians. I didn't actually count how many eggs mine laid last season, but from what I have read the number of eggs is probably pretty similar between Pomeranians and Pilgrims. I have heard that Pilgrims tend to have lower fertility than other breeds though. Having never had Pilgrims I can't say that for sure though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by