Pond for ducks

I have ducks and I LOVE them but...ducks poop alot...so my comment is be prepared to clean it often!
oh I know, we are going to install some plumbing so we can empty it easily. and clean it just like we do the goat waterers, but its bigger.

What do you think about the size?:)

It would definitely give them enough space to swim around a little and bathe and that's the important thing. Help them to keep their beaks and nostrils clean!

We had a small pond that we dug out to be be bigger last summer and the ducks love the extra space and depth!

what do you think 4 sq. feet per bird? or more?
do they like to swim down deep or stay on the surface, so I know how deep it should be.

they do a variety of things...they will dive down and pop up on the other side of the pond...or chase each other around the surface...and they like to go headfirst/butts in the air looking for worms and bugs! And they like to nap on the pond during the day-I close them up in their duckhouse at night.

The deepest area of my pond is maybe 3 ft deep and it's fairly large. I will see if I can locate a picture. I only have 4 ducks (so far) but I had the space so I figured bigger is better!

thats a nice pond! we have a 5 acre lake they will get to swim in when I let them. im going to have to train them to come to my call so they dont stay out there. The pond I am building is going to be 3 ft deep, and 8 by 8 i think.
big_smile.png
its going to be for the days when i dont let them go to the lake.

I would go for the ones with more gallons.... I know this makes them much more expensive because I built two ponds from MacCourt where I used to live. One was 125 gallons, the other was 275 gallons. They were for fish, but I later got chickens and ducks.

The ducks loved the ponds. With my experience, 8 - 10 ducks would definitely appreciate the larger pond.

I now have a 300 gallon stock tank and am planning on having a pond built, using wood to build the frame and lining it with the flexible pond liner. I have two geese and 25 ducks, so this will be 10 feet wise and 15 feet long, two feet deep. (One foot buried, one foot above grade.)

The rigid pond liners are usually 18 inches deep.

Back
Top Bottom