1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

pond pump/vacuum.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by tmarr, Nov 16, 2015.

1. tmarr

tmarr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2015
    Guys I posted a while back asking for advice on something I could use to empty my pool, I can't find the thread lol! What does everyone use? I have no idea about these things, looking for something reasonably priced. Thanks!

2. tmorgan46

tmorgan46 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2015
    Stafford, VA
    A hand held bucket and good old fashioned elbow grease!! Once the kiddie pool is half empty, I just lift it by one side and dump it on the ground. All the "kids" enjoy the mess it makes!!! and end up playing in the mud puddles for hours, long after the kiddie pool is filled back up and ready for more. For our slightly larger pre-fab pool, I use a siphon hose and let it run onto our garden, or at least where the garden used to be...

Troy & Tina

3. tmarr

tmarr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2015
    Lol sounds like fun! I've upgraded the paddling pool to a bigger and deeper one. I've a syphon, a drill powered suction thing neither of which work! It's just me and my trusty bucket which I have to say is going to give me a hernia lol!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by