KOI? I worked at Disneyland Resort for 10 years as a Maintenance Engineer. Part of my job was to maintain the hotels, Pools, Waterfalls, Water show, And the Koi pond! I had a lot of koi over 900, that got to know me quite well. Yes each one had it's own "fishanality" It was such an exciting job having the pleasure of caring for those beautiful fish. That's probably why I love chickens so much! They are beautiful too!:cool:

YES to both questions

It's beautiful :)

Yes Koi do have fishanalities they can be tamed and know who feeds them. They will never cuddle in your lap, but some will let you pet them and even like a belly rub. It is good to know your fish as you will be able to tell if they become sick. Keep non iodozed salt on hand it can be added to the water at the first sign of illness and can cure some of them. A brackish water will not harm the other fish but sickness spreads like red mites. I think you will enjoy them more than you know.

Wow that is awesome!! I never knew they were so dog like lol and thanks for the tip on the sickness

KOI? I worked at Disneyland Resort for 10 years as a Maintenance Engineer. Part of my job was to maintain the hotels, Pools, Waterfalls, Water show, And the Koi pond! I had a lot of koi over 900, that got to know me quite well. Yes each one had it's own "fishanality" It was such an exciting job having the pleasure of caring for those beautiful fish. That's probably why I love chickens so much! They are beautiful too!:cool:

that's awesome!! 900.. WOW. Big pond.

I agree feather Head
The dirt here is too hard to dig and too many rocks so I have traded my Koi addiction for a chicken one :love

Aw maybe one day you can get more koi! Or build an above ground pond?

I would love to have more Koi someday. Maybe a split duck / Koi pond is in my future :fl

That would be awesome!! Would the ducks muck up the water though?

Working five hotels was a big job!:eek:

I imagine! I didn't realize there were 5 hotels! Wow. And didn't mean to only focus on the koi, sorry. But wow, managing all of that stuff you said must have been soooo much work!!!

That would be awesome!! Would the ducks muck up the water though?

I imagine! I didn't realize there were 5 hotels! Wow. And didn't mean to only focus on the koi, sorry. But wow, managing all of that stuff you said must have been soooo much work!!!
Dear friend, It was so much fun I never missed a day, for for fear of missing something important!:thumbsup well maybe a couple of days off,:cool:

Back
Top Bottom