Poo fertilizer in the garden

moodusnewchick

Songster
11 Years
Feb 15, 2008
CT
Now that the garden is officially done for the season, I've moved some birds to the fenced in area to give them more space. My thought is they've got some weeding to do plus there's probably still some vegetation and bug/insect life they can enjoy. My question is: is their poop going to burn my garden for next year or might their poo be good for the garden since it's mixing with straw, soon to have tons of leaves and then snow to "incubate/compost" until next spring? Thanks!

Do I mix, pile and cover or can the poo just seep into the current garden dirt and miraculously become good dirt again?

We scatter our chicken poo and shavings on the garden in the Fall after everything is cleaned up and tilled one last time, let it set all winter and til again in the Spring. We always have great crops!

I just toss the poo where I want it. I'm flingin' poo all over the property every day!
lau.gif

Oh too funny. Your title is going to be changed to "upwind poo flinger"!! I haven't flung any yet since they walk around dropping everywhere including the stairs and even the house when they manage to walk in.

thanks all for your responses. I'm really happy to learn that the garden poo is going to be helpful and not detrimental!

Back
Top Bottom