Poodle (Not Mine!) Found Homes!!!

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
I have a fellow co-worker that came with to me today to ask a favor. She's needing someone to take her poodle (that she raised from a puppy). The place where she's having to stay (with family) will not allow her to keep her dog in the house. Poodles do not do well away from companionship and especially familiarity. She will have to put the dog down unless she finds a home for it.

I told her I would talk to my DBF about letting her stay until we found her a home if need be, so the dog is pretty much safe. I told her about Craigslist and looking for breed rescues, but she was adamant that she wanted the dog to go to someone that she knew would take good care of it. *sigh* compliments get me....

Craigslist, I'm worried about myself. We all know that many people use small dogs for less than wanted reasons, of which I will not speak of on here.

So, I told her I'd get the word out about it. Here are some stats:

Female, spayed
7 years old
Vaccinations current, but no paperwork proving it (home-done shots)
Wormed
White with reddish saddle markings
Approx 8 lbs.

If worse comes to worst, I will take the dog and get photos posted ASAP...the thing is to get the DBF to agree to take the dog until a new home can be found.

I'd like to keep her, but we have way too many dogs/birds/ferret as it is.

Last edited:
DBF agreed...if there's nobody else that can take the dog when the lady's time is up...we'll take it for a few days until it finds a home.

SO...anyone interested yet?

I would take her in a heart beat if she wasnt so far from me, I want a Poodle SOOOOO bad, and today is my birthday, what a better bday present, shame we cant pony express her to me!

shelli I would drive her part way
wink.png
MO to Indiana

Well, the owner has decided that she can't part with the poodle...no matter if her landlord says so...so she's going to try to "sneak" the poodle in.

She now has the Chihuahua up for grabs. She felt the Chi would have a better chance at getting adopted. He's 2 years old, doesn't have an apple head (apparently there's 2 head types?) and, from my understanding is a bi-colored male with the markings of a Doberman.

He is neutered. Free as well.

I hope she finds a good home for the Chihuahua, I promised DH no more male dogs lol

We had to put down my sisters Boxer today, he had gone down hill really quick. He was at least 10 years old, he was the biggest Boxer I have ever known, with the biggest heart and soul.

I cant imagine loving another dog the way we did him, I have 3 dogs of my own, but Doc had a special place in all our hearts and it can never be filled.

Back
Top Bottom