Poodles and Chickens - together forever!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickiebaby, Sep 8, 2008.

1. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:I think Remi would do that, but not Delta! Give her half a chance, and she's having chicken for dinner. Ditto most of our minis. J.T. might be the only exception, because he seems oblivious to the chickens, even when he's in the middle of a mess of them.

2. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    Max was too funny........he had the most soulfull eyes, he knew we were going to yell at him for bothing the hens, but he just looked at us like I CAN'T HELP IT!!! Lol. he was a good dog.

3. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    OOOOHHHHH, I am so happy this conversation is going on, and the only pics I love as much as chicken pics are poodle pics.

If I weren't such a techno loser I would post a million pictures of my beloved Sasha. She is only the best poodle EVER. Except for all of the poodles pictured above, of course.

Maybe I will make these teenagers of mine earn their keep and I'll post you all some pictures later this week.

Gotta go. Shouldn't be posting here on my beloved's bday. He doesnt know I'm on here right now.

Actually, we just took a short break. The whole family is watching The Wedding Singer. Again.

It would really be the world's most perfect movie if only it had POODLES in it.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  4. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    Hey Chickiebaby,
    the movie doesnt need poodles in it, they were afraid to compete with "Robbie Hart's" hair. LOL. [​IMG]
    I am such a nerd, I know. I love ALL those Adam Sandler movies...and in real life, he is so nice. Been lucky enough to meet him, and he's cute too. [​IMG]

5. freerange freaks

freerange freaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Nijapoodles, that is an absolutely gorgeous dog! I don't think our poodle has a very good coat. Although wirey, you can seperate the hair very easily to see down to skin (not a double coat). He does dry off fast but I think an insulated coat would be needed to keep him preforming optimally. My mother paid alot of money for that dog from a very reputable breeder up here. He may not have too many brain cells but I hope he has at least a proper coat.

I was reading over the "retriever news" yesterday and they have this huge list of hunting breeds. I mean dogs that I never even new exsisted. Out of a list of about 35 breeds not one poodle. That is a crying shame! I am sorry that you are not made to feel welcome at your local club becasue I think that they are a great resource for trainers and dogs. Get Remi up to speed then enter in a local trail and blow their socks off!!

6. ronniega1

ronniega1 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2008
    vidalia ga
    MY POODLES GREW UP WITH ALL SORTS OF POULTRY...SO THEY ARE FINE WITH THEM....ROAM THE COOP AND NEVER CHASE OR BOTHER THEM...AND MY MALE DOES LOOK AFTER THEM...RONNIE

7. Oblio13

Oblio13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    If anyone has extra poodles and is willing to ship, PM me.

We feed them to our real dog.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:People seem to have a prejudice about poodles when they have never really dealt with them 1-1. Poodles are 2nd only to the border collie when it comes to smarts! I have dealt with and breed the so called real dogs- Weimaraners, bulldogs, and so on--some of you would be surprised by the poodle if you gave it a second look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. chickiebaby

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Ha! I'll do that, Oblio, if you'll ship me some silkies to feed to the real WORKING chickens around here. Ooooh, snap.

btw, my poodle can outrun, outswim, out-birddog, and most certainly out-think your, ah, reindeer -- or whatever that beast pulling the sled is.

Dude, it's time for a breed smackdown! It's ON!

Love from just another wimpy owner of a foofy li'l poodle -- that can kick your dog's butt!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  10. chickiebaby

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Llama, with you on the subject of both Sandler and the rockin' hairdo. Did you see the Don't Mess with the Zohan?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by