Poooooor little Eggie

jettgirl24

Songster
9 Years
Feb 21, 2010
Duvall, WA
Went outside today and found my poor little Eggis half featherless thanks to a bad and ill-timed moult.... I swear yesterday she had all her feathers and today they are just falling out in handfuls. Of course my "special" chicken chooses the coldest week so far this winter to go bare! My mom called this morning and I told her about my little frozen chicken and she offered to knit her a sweater
roll.png
I might just have to take her up on that!

I don't know if it's the moult making this pic look completely bizarre or the angle but it's definitely the oddest photo I've ever taken :) LOL

My drake did the same thing last year. Birds pick the craziest times to loose their feathers
roll.png
Great photo though
thumbsup.gif

That actually happened to her comb in the fall while it was still warm :( She somehow detached the back of her comb one day and now it kind of hangs forward. The tips turned black just after it happened, poor little girl. I talked to my vet about it and she said not to worry too much about it as long as it doesn't get worse, which it hasn't. She said would do a little comb reconstructive surgery next time she was out to see the horses if need be. I put Vaseline on it when it does get cold (which fortunately has been rare this year) as I don't want it to get worse. Luckily it hasn't so we'll see what the vet says later this month!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom