Poop and Compost

Nice, most of you have it going on already
big_smile.png

For the newbie, check out: http://www.mrwmd.org/pdf/MRWMD-Composting-Home-Composting-Brochure.pdf

I
am going outside now to build another compost pile...

Yes...Steve Solomon's book is excellent.

I hope all of you realize, those of us still without chickens pay a minimum of $3.50 a bag for chicken poop to add to our compost piles. Plus time and travel expense.
th.gif

Quote:
I realize with just 4 bantam chickens, I didn't have enough poop. September we let 4 more hens hatch. In June, one more hatched. With the addition of these 4 newbies, now I'm up to 13:

Next spring, I'm puttin in beans! I loouuurrve beans. Pole beans, romans.

dianaherrin, I love the way your peonies and iris watch themselves in the water! Some people keep some poison ivy for the birds, in a Martha Stewart magazine years ago it was part of a "wild" photo spread. It can be really pretty, with its white beady berries and maroon stems.

6chickens in St. Charles :

dianaherrin, I love the way your peonies and iris watch themselves in the water! Some people keep some poison ivy for the birds, in a Martha Stewart magazine years ago it was part of a "wild" photo spread. It can be really pretty, with its white beady berries and maroon stems.

Good to know! That's gonna be my excuse for not gettin it out
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom