Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

this is awesome to know. i hadnt planned on poop boards but we will for sure be adding them! so on average is everyone using the sweet PDZ alone or with another substrate?

Safe to say they love it. Thanks for the idea

I only read almost half of these posts, but it looks like an 8 inch roost over the board is what everyone is doing. Is there a special reason for that height? Will lower not work as well?

I like them about that height because it helps the lower ranking chickens have a quick getaway from the high ranking chickens- they can hop down onto the table and scoot under the bar to a new spot.

I only read almost half of these posts, but it looks like an 8 inch roost over the board is what everyone is doing. Is there a special reason for that height? Will lower not work as well?

My roots are only about four or 5 inches above the board. I think it depends on how much room you need to clean it out.

Quote: Ditto Dat^^

Quote: Exactly!
I picked 8" centered on a 24" board... I don't remember if I had a good reason or not<shrugs> and made the roosts removable.
BUT...it has worked out perfect for getting my sifting basket under there without removing roosts,
well and I also use a short handled hoe to reach under to pull it all forward to sift.

Too high a roost over board could cause poops to miss board.

Back
Top Bottom