Poop boards

Mine are 24" with roost centered and 8" above the board.

full

I was thinking about 20-24" wide since I have the space....thanks!!
That sounds good.

Notice how @aart has her board pretty close to the poop board. I find that it's best if there isn't too much space in between the two because the will help prevent them from hanging out on the poop board.

Notice how @aart has her board pretty close to the poop board. I find that it's best if there isn't too much space in between the two because the will help prevent them from hanging out on the poop board.
Some of mine still roost on the board, they can walk under it pretty easily.
But the lower roost prevents overshoots of juicier more liquid poops.

Some of mine still roost on the board, they can walk under it pretty easily.
But the lower roost prevents overshoots of juicier more liquid poops.
I have been putting off building poop boards for way too long and this was one of my concerns—how to keep them from roosting on the board. Also my roosting bars are one foot apart and parallel and one is higher than the other so I didn’t set myself up too well for the poop boards.

I may just reconfigure the whole thing

how to keep them from roosting on the board.
I don't see it as a problem.
Most roost up on the 'real' roosts, some roost on the edge of the boards, some roost right on the flat of the board. I clear the boards every day so they are not laying in poop, the few times I haven't been able to clear they are less likely to roost there.
I'm sure they get pooped on, but only a couple times was it something that stuck or soaked.

Mine are 18" and 24", due to room. 24 is better. My roosts are low, only about, i think 5-6 inches above the pb (can't remember), so they can't roost under them, also the poop can't travel to far, and stays on the boards. the closer the roost is to the poop boards, the more it stays on the boards and not travel beyond the boards. they don't need to be high.

Back
Top Bottom