Poop butt!

I have an outdoor shower. Warm water, gentle rub to get things to seperate and wash away. Look for underlying cause and correct. (Feed or infection most often).

**NOT** the most disgusting thing I've ever done. Not high on the list of things I want to do, either. Better (for you, and the bird) to take care of the problem early, before it has a chance to accumulate.

Wash yourself thoroughly afterwards.

I have an outdoor shower. Warm water, gentle rub to get things to seperate and wash away. Look for underlying cause and correct. (Feed or infection most often).

**NOT** the most disgusting thing I've ever done. Not high on the list of things I want to do, either. Better (for you, and the bird) to take care of the problem early, before it has a chance to accumulate.

Wash yourself thoroughly afterwards.
Very gross to do but good thing i found gloves in our garage.

Those disgusting yellow, come to your elbows, sweat like a stuck pig, kitchen chemical cleaning gloves - the ones with the bumpy bits on the palms - work really well for this. And you don't feel bad about throwing them away afterwards.
Oh yes. we have those. Radiation yellow color and green bumps. They definitely work great for it.

Thanks a lot for all the perspective. The chicken with the poopy fluff is not a chick. I think a loose stool brushed the fluff when it came out because her fluffy butt is super fluffy, lol. Is it uncommon for the fluffy butt to have some poop in it? do i need to address it no matter where the poop is, or only if its stuck to her skin possibly blocking something?! 🐓❤️

Thanks a lot for all the perspective. The chicken with the poopy fluff is not a chick. I think a loose stool brushed the fluff when it came out because her fluffy butt is super fluffy, lol. Is it uncommon for the fluffy butt to have some poop in it? do i need to address it no matter where the poop is, or only if its stuck to her skin possibly blocking something?! 🐓❤️
Not uncommon, I usually trim quite a few birds when I'm doing trimming since I'm already set up for it, so might as well snip any soiled under-vent feathers, even if it's just a bit.

For birds that are simply fluffy (as opposed to messy poopers), I don't trim nearly as close, just enough to minimize future soiling.

Nah, if it gets poop, its nice to get it out, but it is bound to get a little bit in there. Definitely get it if its large, touching skin, blocking, smells very bad, etc. You can clean it whenever if its light, but you dont have to if its not significant.

Nah, if it gets poop, its nice to get it out, but it is bound to get a little bit in there. Definitely get it if its large, touching skin, blocking, smells very bad, etc. You can clean it whenever if its light, but you dont have to if its not significant.
I do want to say, and clear this up. What i mean by significant. so it doesnt have to be major, obviously dont wait last minute. but i mean if you see a tiny speck, there Is no point unless you feel the need to. Now if its big but just in the feathers, id still get it out.

Back
Top Bottom