Poop outside the coop -->

SoCalRooster

Chirping
7 Years
May 6, 2012
So, with a moveable coop/run that can be set on/moved to various areas of the grass in the backyard, aren't the chickens going to poop on the lawn in the run? And, how then do you clean that poop up, so you don't step on it, when you move the coop and the poop is exposed on the grass?

(I have two large dogs, and their piles are easy to find and remove...I'm guessing that chicken poop is much smaller and much better at hiding!)

Right. I have a small urban backyard. My only grass area is the dog area/family area. I have a semi-useable brick area, also. No 'real' dirt area available for them.
(My city ordinance requires chickens to be 10' away from either neighbor on the side and 15' from the neighbor in the back. That does not leave me with many options...)

That dose pose some special circumstances. A pic might help with drawings of what ground is available. Otherwise I have to use my imagination.

How big is your chicken tractor and what does it look like?

How big is this family "shared" area and how many people share it?

Thank you all - great idea to give some perspective of my real estate situation. (The giant tree on the left is gone, btw.)

I am brand new to this. I have no hens, no chicks, no coop - nothing. I'm reading up and asking a lot of questions (sorry), so that I get it right the first time...or as right as can be.

The city ordinance requires coops at least 10' from the side neighbors and 15' from the back neighbors. 4 Hens max., No roosters.

I will gladly take any suggestions/advice/information that you may offer!

Attachments

• pEKc2P5HSKqrEZyzLo1jSg.jpg
    pEKc2P5HSKqrEZyzLo1jSg.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 10
  • KV4JvBuUSvyPAz0TbA+s%w.jpg
    KV4JvBuUSvyPAz0TbA+s%w.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 9
Now Im confused. Not the image I had in my head.

Is that your house at the top of the sat image?

Dont you have any "yard" at your house?

Now Im confused. Not the image I had in my head.

Is that your house at the top of the sat image? >>>the image shows the back part of the house (tile roof). That's the North side. The large tree (that is now gone) is the West.

Dont you have any "yard" at your house?>>>There is a grass area, which is green in the image and green in the drawing. There's also a brick area, in red in the image and in the drawing.

Back
Top Bottom