Poop pic.... Is this normal?

Here are her poops for the day doesn't seem like enough. Still watery.
1f622.png

The Duramycin dose is 1.5 tablespoons per gallon.

-Kathy
thank you x 10 billion i would have sat there and studied that thing all night, i do not math very well!!!

I got the safeguard fenbendazole, 25 gram paste 10% 100mg/g, how do i administer this? mix with food or just put in her mouth?? And how much?? Thank yo so much I would be soooo lost without yall!!

Do me a favor with the sulfa... count out the number of tablespoons and let me know how many there are.

-Kathy
ok... let me make my rounds, get my son in bed, then i will get back to you on that.... I need to go clean out the hospital cages and feed everyone then i will tackle the meds!!
thumbsup.gif

Ok they didn't have Corid they were out but I got this because the girl said she had good luck with it. I got the tylan 50 and some safe guard. She also said she used Terra vet tetracycline and I got some since it was only five bucks. I told her I was already using the oxytetracycline injection she said use this too. She also gave me the phone number for a vet that deals with chickens some. I really. Hope some of this works if not I might just say screw it and see who lives and who don't or cull them All and start over in the spring. I can't afford any more expensive meds unfortunately
I understand completely, believe me.
hugs.gif
We had a $165 vet bill for an older rescue bunny the other day only to have him not make it through the night.
barnie.gif
We never got a diagnosis, but one of the things mentioned was coccidia. The problem with animals like chickens and rabbits is that they are prey animals and will not show that they aren't feeling well until they are quite bad off and need immediate treatment to be effective. I try to use preventative, natural remedies when able, but I also keep certain meds on hand if symptoms do start showing up so there is no delay in treatment. You will be prepared next time.

As far as the extra heat, being inside is good, but may not be enough. Think about when you have a flu. Doesn't it help to be wrapped in a nice, warm blanket? If the chickens are not eating well or the digestive tract is compromised, they must burn fat or muscle to keep warm. By the time most chickens show symptoms of illness, they are thin and don't have much of either available. If the body is spending so much of it's energy to keep warm, there is not much left over to fight the illness. If you are able to set up a brooder with an area that they can go to warm up if they want, it may help. I know it did with mine.

The amount I would give is 0.23ml per pound orally for five days, Do you have a one ml syringe?

-Kathy
I have some 3ml syringes, think that will work or too big? I really need to get a scale of some sort to weigh her, she is a cochin bantam so she probably looks a lot bigger than she really is

I understand completely, believe me.
hugs.gif
We had a $165 vet bill for an older rescue bunny the other day only to have him not make it through the night.
barnie.gif
We never got a diagnosis, but one of the things mentioned was coccidia. The problem with animals like chickens and rabbits is that they are prey animals and will not show that they aren't feeling well until they are quite bad off and need immediate treatment to be effective. I try to use preventative, natural remedies when able, but I also keep certain meds on hand if symptoms do start showing up so there is no delay in treatment. You will be prepared next time.

As far as the extra heat, being inside is good, but may not be enough. Think about when you have a flu. Doesn't it help to be wrapped in a nice, warm blanket? If the chickens are not eating well or the digestive tract is compromised, they must burn fat or muscle to keep warm. By the time most chickens show symptoms of illness, they are thin and don't have much of either available. If the body is spending so much of it's energy to keep warm, there is not much left over to fight the illness. If you are able to set up a brooder with an area that they can go to warm up if they want, it may help. I know it did with mine.

My chickens in the "hospital" have a brooder light in with them, and unfortunately all my other lights are being used. One is in with the baby chicks, another is in the hen house on a timer, I have a 4th somewhere, but id on't know where it is. Lights 5 & 6 are on the snake, i suppose i could steal one of them..... I wish I had the hospital in the bathroom still, it was so warm in there. I might have to see about moving them back to the bathroom this weekend, but its so cramped in there and i dont know if my hospital cage will fit. My dad said he had some lights in storage i could have but its a matter of getting with him to go get them. I have an old lamp next to the larger hens quarters with a red bulb in it so that she can see to eat and drink at night if need be, but it doesnt really help with warmth. I was a little ill prepared for so many patients lol.

I have so many chickens in so many different places it aint even funny! I feel like i'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off every day when i get home wondering where the heck to even start.

I'm really sorry to hear about your rescue bunny :( That is always such a bummer, especially after you spent a lot of money trying to save them. I always seem to get myself into a bind when i try to save an animal.

I am about ready to retire for the night, i really wanted to get all these meds administered tonight, however, I'm thinking it just might not happen. I got home about 2 hours later than usual today so I have been rushed getting everyone taken care of and i was flying solo tonight because the boyfriend had to work.

I have moved my poor sweet PJ's into a clear rubbermaid and put her in my boyfriends computer chair and put her on some netflix. She loves TV. She took another really stinky poop but it looks a little better...... at least i think.... who am i kidding.... i dont even know anymore, everything looks like the plague right now!! help we're all gonna die!!
D.gif

i would say probably about that. I would normally say maybe like 2.5 but i think she has lost some weight. She had literally just recovered from her broken leg, now this. So she was already struggling.

Ok so here are all the meds i have:

Tylan 50, 100ml bottle
safeguard 26 gram tube
Sulfadimethoxine soluble power, 107g/3.77oz package
Tetracycline Hydrochloride soluble powder, 181g/6.4oz package

My questions:

1) Tylan - Should I just inject this, or give in drinking water? Or both? I was thinking inject in the sickest, drinking water for the rest?
2) If i go the drinking water route, i'm guessing i can't mix the two.. I really got the tetracycline and tylan for the ones with respiratory issues. I really didnt wanna get the tetracycline, but the girl at the store said she was going through the same thing with hers, and that she had gotten it and it helped some of hers and it was only 6 bucks so what could it hurt. other than making super bugs....
3) should I give PJ's any of these other drugs other than the Sulfa & safe guard? she shows no respiratory problems but everyone else is so sick
4) Holy mother of math, these mixing directions tho. I have no idea what i'm doing. Help?
bow.gif
pewtty pwease?

i know i am doing 0.23ml of safeguard per pound, so 0.46 for her you think?

my dad has a lot of scales because he weighs his food and has a freon scale too, it think it only measures in quarter pounds tho.... but maybe i could make a trip there or borrow them to get some weights on the sick ones tomorrow. I would like to get them started tonight if at all possible tho, or first thing in the morning. or else i guess it will be 5 tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom