Poop poop. Not peep peep!

Do you know of any shavings that don't have an odor? My husband couldn't stand the smell/said it made him sneeze. We had got some at TSC when we got the ducklings.
Hm, no, sorry.

I personally use sand for my ducklings when they're indoors. Takes a bit of sifting work but it's less waste.

Update! There is now a kiddy pool in my master bathroom for them to use as a brooder. Found for 10 bucks on Facebook. By the looks of it, I think they like it. Much more room.

Stretched out and grooming after a swim in the tub.

View attachment 1291293
That's awesome you were able to find a kiddie pool this time of year, they look like they are loving all the extra room :) You may end up needing to put chicken wire around the pool as they get bigger so they don't jump out.
They grow up so fast, hang in there. Our babies are 5 weeks, so messy and also cleaning 3x a day. They get so excited when their brooder is clean that they poop and then head right over to mess up their water, lol. I can't wait to get them outside but also miss having them inside when they are all grown up.

I know! One of mine ran in circles this morning when it saw me. They got so loud peeping. Then they pooped. Lol.

That's awesome you were able to find a kiddie pool this time of year, they look like they are loving all the extra room :) You may end up needing to put chicken wire around the pool as they get bigger so they don't jump out.
They grow up so fast, hang in there. Our babies are 5 weeks, so messy and also cleaning 3x a day. They get so excited when their brooder is clean that they poop and then head right over to mess up their water, lol. I can't wait to get them outside but also miss having them inside when they are all grown up.

I feel your pain! I got mine on the 2nd, they are jumbo pekins and are starting to get their white feathers. They are big enough now where I can put them outside in the grass in a large wire dog crate with no bottom for a few hours a day. That helps cut down on the cleaning. I am using an XL wire dog crate for their brooder. They really only sleep in there and I change the bedding once a day. I have a "play pen", which is a cardboard box, to use for the day. I put a layer of bedding and clean that 1x a day too. They are also outside as long as possible during the day, and swim for 20 min or so in a rubbermade tote daily.

I have horses at home, and the duck bedding is great to add to the manure compost pile. I will say the duck poop is more maintenance than the horse poop with them living inside right now.

Back
Top Bottom