poop stuck on chicken

chickens asome

Songster
10 Years
Apr 5, 2009
kenora ontairo canada
i have a chicken that is only 1 week old and its got poop stuck to its bum what do i do please help

27141_img_0299.jpg

I had a chick once that had poop stuck to its butt. First I tried to wash it off with a nice warm very wet cloth, then I took a scissors and very carefully snipped it off. The feathers grew back ok.

Get a little bowl of warm water, paper towels, Q-tips, and tweezers.

I start by soaking the little bum in the warm water. Hold the chick and dip the bottom in the water. Then I use the q-tip to get the poo off. You may need to keep soaking if it is really dryed on. After you get the poo off, just keep an eye on it to make sure it does not reoccur. I have heard some people put a little vaseline around the vent after cleaning, but I have not tried that yet.

I have a beard trimmer that I could set for three days of beard stubble, silkie eye trimming, or pasty butts if my chicks needed. Now that it's warm and my head is shaven totally, I won't have to clean the beard trimmer again until Indiana's cold winter when I let my hair grow out or never never if we start again spending Jan-March in Florida like we used to do.

Back
Top Bottom