*poop warning* Concerned, is this something I need to treat?

Dimondel

Songster
Sep 7, 2021
QLD, Australia
Just found this in the coop this morning. Been seeing bits and pieces of it in some poop, but was told it was nothing to worry about. Can someone tell me is this this the blood in the poop I’ve been warned about or just another chicken thing? And of it is, how should I treat it?

Attachments

• EF2E039D-BFA3-4B0D-8554-CC06A1FC6CCC.jpeg
    EF2E039D-BFA3-4B0D-8554-CC06A1FC6CCC.jpeg
    621.7 KB · Views: 10
I'm not an expert, but do you know which chicken the poop belongs to? If the chicken is normal and looks healthy, I don't think it's a huge deal (then again I don't know that much about chicken poop). I do think bloody poop can be coccidiosis, though. If that's the case, I would recommend adding some Corid into their water.

Just found this in the coop this morning. Been seeing bits and pieces of it in some poop, but was told it was nothing to worry about. Can someone tell me is this this the blood in the poop I’ve been warned about or just another chicken thing? And of it is, how should I treat it?
In addition to possible cocci, it looks like it could contain worms too. Is your hen up to date with any worm treatments?

Cocci tends to line the intestinal walls and after a while may pull away and take some of the intestinal lining with it. It would probably be recommended to treat your entire flock for cocci with corid if you can.

I tried treating them for worms maybe two months ago though I’m not sure how successful it was. I can’t find Corid locally in my area so I’m treating them with this. I’m fairly sure at the one who has it and she’s behaving per usual.

Attachments

• 7AC3279A-B3EA-42F0-BE28-640A0A950A35.jpeg
    7AC3279A-B3EA-42F0-BE28-640A0A950A35.jpeg
    350.4 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom