Poopy butt??? With Guts?

Grimalove

In the Brooder
Jul 30, 2023
New here and have just started posting questions to the community and wanted to know if anyone can identify what is coming out of my hen. She has had poopy but before and she is on birth control now, and that seemed to help a lot with swelling and poopy butt. But she has is again and I found substance, almost fatty, like guts and stretchy similar to what my previous late hen had which was originally decided to be egg lash infection, she was getting better and then month later could barely jump into the coop, spittle coming from her beak wasn’t eating and blood results came back with kidney failure. I personally don’t think it was an egg lash infection because her eggs were fine. Now I’m starting to see similar stuff coming out my red and her comb is starting to droop, she is five years old but I believe I have caught it early enough any ideas on what this could be?
IMG_6256.jpeg
IMG_6255.jpeg

Could be some lash material or mucous.

Have you ever dewormed her or treated her for infection with antibiotics?

By birth control, do you mean she was given an implant?

Salpingitis (lash egg) is inflammation of the oviduct, so it's possible, even with her not ovulating, material can still accumulate in the oviduct causing infection.

What do you feed, including treats?

Could be some lash material or mucous.

Have you ever dewormed her or treated her for infection with antibiotics?

By birth control, do you mean she was given an implant?

Salpingitis (lash egg) is inflammation of the oviduct, so it's possible, even with her not ovulating, material can still accumulate in the oviduct causing infection.

What do you feed, including treats?
Yes she was given an implant, I’ve never dewormed her nor has she ever received antibiotics. They don’t get much treats because I free range them often, they forage for raspberries a lot, and any brand treats I give are a occasional handful of flock party sunflower and raisin and mealworms that I sprinkle in their pen. Their feed is natures best egg layer pellets.

Yes she was given an implant, I’ve never dewormed her nor has she ever received antibiotics. They don’t get much treats because I free range them often, they forage for raspberries a lot, and any brand treats I give are a occasional handful of flock party sunflower and raisin and mealworms that I sprinkle in their pen. Their feed is natures best egg layer pellets.
I feed natures Best chick starter still! Hens will be 3yrs old in the spring and i have switched to the egg layer but the higher protein of the starter feed coupled with real oyster shells seems to keep feathers and poop really nice. I have 2 hens semi molting now. Summer time seems a nice time to molt wouldnt you say?? Winter molts got me like 😬 Who needs a sweater and why did i not learn to crochet? Lol

Back
Top Bottom