Poopy pants

twandx

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 4, 2009
5 yr. old Black Stars get watery feces. It may clear up for a time but comes back. They are molting now and one has died. None are laying but all are active, eating well and peppy.

They are free ranged with chicken mash and scrartch available. I am wondering if these are symptons of poisoning as a neighbor on my East is very much against anyone keeping chickens even tho all of us around here take good care that that stay in their own yard and do not keep roosters. His complaint is that he has heard of chicken diseases that can be transferred to humans. He has been very vocal and mean but is not supported by all the other neighbors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like they need to be wormed. I recommend dosing them with valbazen, then feed them buttermilk mixed with scrambled egg for about 5 days. Do not worm them with safeguard (fenbendazole/panacur) products while in molt.

Thanks to both of you for replying. I'll try the deworming. Camera probably would not work. Neighbor guy could slip poison through the slats of 10' high fence and it would not be noticed.

Back
Top Bottom