Poor Duckling

Born on 11/1. One foot is face up, one face down. So one normal, one not. I just braced it and it actually seems less angry. Before it was scooting around screeching. Now it hanging out by its food, quietly eating. It moves away from it but can get right back, no issues. I hope this helps.
Your call. A deformity is a deformity..I wish you well in its recovery.

Can you post more picture of it's feet and legs?

This is how I fix splay legs:
This is how I did one last year:

This is how I fix curled toes on peachicks, poults, ducklings, keets, and chicken chicks.

Before shoes

After shoes

Curled toes and splay legs can be treated at the same time. I usually wait 24 hours to see if they fix themselves. If they don't, out comes the tape.

Oh and @Ninjapoultrymom btw. . :welcome
I'm glad you joined our community.
No-one here would judge you harshly if you decide culling is the best option. I think we all know we don't have miracle cures here but we do have a large group of wonderful burd loving people who can offer knowledge or experience based advice. :)

I will try to snag some photos in a bit. I spent half my day w my duckling and neglected chores and my other birds. Sitting outside with the big birds now. Hoping the taping works for the little one. Thanks for all the advice. I am not one who can just cull. I have to take the birds to a friend.
I have taped legs and feet on many, and only ever had to euthanize one because the feet were too crooked. Please do post pictures before you do anything drastic. :hugs

Can you post more picture of it's feet and legs?

This is how I fix splay legs:
This is how I did one last year:

This is how I fix curled toes on peachicks, poults, ducklings, keets, and chicken chicks.

Before shoes

After shoes

Curled toes and splay legs can be treated at the same time. I usually wait 24 hours to see if they fix themselves. If they don't, out comes the tape.
Great helpful photos!

Back
Top Bottom